Our client based in Keighley is looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer on a temporary to permanent basis.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• To undertake all daily and weekly routine maintenance and allocated work required.
• To respond to any equipment breakdowns and plan all steps to rectify breakdowns.
• Have an understanding of maintenance costs and controls.
• Have awareness of Health and Safety requirements and to liaise closely with the Health and Safety Manager.
• To assist with procedures for any new projects to ensure smooth and safe changeover of equipment etc.
• To undertake small buildings maintenance issues and upkeep and to liaise with utility companies as required.
• To contribute to a clean and tidy workplace.
• Undertake any similar level of work allocated by the Production Director but not fully outlined within this job description.
Skills and Experience
• Must have good knowledge and experience of heavy equipment repair and maintenance.
• Good engineering and design skills.
• Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English.
• Ability to use own initiative and work as a team member.
• Good communication skills, ability to liaise with all departments and levels.
• Good record keeping and IT skills.
• Current Fork Lift Truck Licence advantageous.
38.25 hours per week
8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (one hour lunch unpaid)
8.00am to 3.15pm Friday (one hour lunch unpaid)