Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant- SEN working within a mainstream secondary school based in Nelson. The role involves working with several pupils with multiple needs and it may be beneficial if you have had experience working with the following;
- Autism/ ADHD
- Global Delay
- Mild- severe learning difficulties
- Speech and language difficulties
This role is starting in September 2022 and is on an ongoing basis.
The successful Teaching Assistant - SEN will;
- Have experience in a similar role within a residential, social, or school setting
- Possess a passion for pupil development
- Be able to work on a 1/1 basis and build rapport with pupils and staff to support learning and independence
- Provide details of last 2 latest references, covering the last 5 years’ work history
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
- Teaching Assistant qualification or degree
- Team Teach beneficial but not essential
- ANY CPD SEND training completed in current workplace is also desirable.
If this position is of interest, please contact Megan Coop at Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood teachers who is acting as an employment agency.