Our client is a successful manufacturing company who produce high quality bespoke lighting. This is achieved by a team of highly skilled artisan craftsmen and women who use their expertise to create jaw-dropping lighting for bars, restaurants and hotels throughout the country.
They now seek a Stores Operative to join their busy team.
Main purpose of job:
Contribute to the stores department to ensure efficient working to a high standard allowing other areas of the business to function effectively.
Key Tasks/Result Areas:
- Assist stores to ensure this department is working efficiently and maintaining a high acceptable standard of work
- Control stock levels & set minimum stock levels on key products & components so that jobs can be issued quickly to the shopfloor, reducing downtime and improving efficiency
- Perform picking of components for jobs and also spot check any picking done by others to ensure the items being picked is correct, mainly focusing on the complicated items
- Stock ordering & creating purchase orders
- Ensure products/jobs are issued quickly to the shopfloor and booked out on DBA & that stock components are labelled and located correctly
- Close down completed PO’s & Job travellers
- Make sure products are stored correctly to ensure quality of product is high to minimise scratches and/or breakages
- Keep a clean and tidy working environment
- Ensure components taken from stores are booked out correctly
- Ensure you have a good understanding of the goods in & despatch dept. and understand company policy (refer to goods in procedure document)
- Carry out tasks given to you by manager in the agreed timescales, reporting back regularly with progress
- Willing to assist another department when necessary to ensure company deadlines are achieved. i.e. – helping in wiring room if a job needs to go out
- Work overtime when required
- Open or close premises when required
- Occasional van driving
- Cover for holiday/sickness/absence in the goods in & despatch dept.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday. 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (Friday finish 4.00 pm). Occasional overtime.