Due to continued growth, our client in Burnley are looking for Setter Operators for their Monday to Friday Rotating Shifts and Night shift vacancies
The role of the Setter/Operator is to manufacture compliant components within the specific requirements of the organisation and the customer. The role further includes the setting of CNC machines, the proving out of components and changing fixtures making relevant adjustments
The ideal candidate will Demonstrate an understanding of
- Standard Operating Procedures required for the specific task/job
- Set, prove out jobs and operate CNC machines.
- Product quality requirements
- Using simple engineering measuring instruments.
- OEE measure for performance and your impact on the figures present.
- Operate production line equipment such as conveyor line, hoists, airlines
- Set and operate hand-controlled or computer-controlled machines
Manufacture goods on a production line
- Operate machine tool
- Set machines in line with schedule demand
- Use machines which are pre-set to conduct certain tasks
Ensure production procedures are conducted effectively
- Loading components onto appropriate machines
- Checking surface conditions of material.
- Unloading components
- Visually inspect to ensure compliance to product quality requirements
- Store components appropriately
- Demonstrate an understanding of batch card disciplines.
- Where appropriate check and monitor machine lubricant and coolant levels.
- Adjust machine controls and monitor the production process and outputs
- Fit parts to machinery and equipment
- Build up components and sub-assemblies into finished products
>Report equipment faults to shift leader.
>Finish products such as applying protective coatings (oil)
>Record how much raw material has been used during production and the number of items produced
>Work with Senior Operators and Shift Leaders to
· Identify problems & report to Shift leader/Production engineer/Production manager
· Deal with problems effectively via Shift leader/Production engineer/Production manager
Ensure all Environmental; Health & Safety Requirements are being adhered to.
>Maintain and self-manage all housekeeping principles
· Conduct cleaning and basic maintenance of work areas and machinery
· Be aware of and comply with all Company Health & Safety requirements
Rotating Shifts Monday to Friday 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm
Night Shift 10pm-6am Monday to Friday
Uniforms will be provided
Shift allowance for applicable hours is paid at time and 1/6th