Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting a Science Teacher to join a dynamic department within a well-established, forward thinking high school in Burnley.
The role is a full-time Maternity Cover starting ASAP with the potential to turn into a permanent position for the right candidate.
The successful Science Teacher will:
- Hold a valid teaching qualification such as PGCE, QTS or QTLS
- Have experience in a Science teaching position; teaching Physics, Biology and Chemistry
- Be confident teaching Key Stage 3 & 4 mixed ability classes.
- Be an excellent, inspirational teacher with strong classroom management
- Possess a passion for the subject, teaching and pupil developmet
- Provide details of last 2 latest references, covering the last 5 years’ work history
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
As a full-time Science Teacher, the applicant will be expected to take part in any necessary activities/ duties of a permanent teacher such as planning and preparing lessons, parents evening and staff meetings.
The school has extremely strong values and are looking for a teacher that has the shared ambition of working towards achieving the best outcomes for all students by ensuring equal opportunities for all, encouraging student to reach their full potential and promoting tolerance, sensitivity and understanding.
If this position is of interest or you would like to know more, please apply or contact Megan Coop and Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood Teachers who is acting as an employment agency.