Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) School Health and Safety Officer to join an outstanding school in Blackburn.
School Health and Safety Officer responsibilities include:
- Ensure the school is a safe learning environment without risk to pupils or colleagues health.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to and regularly updated and communicated throughout the school.
- Conduct and review risk assessments for all school equipment and classrooms.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Carry out safety inspections including fire drills and ensure fire alarms are correctly reported.
- Maintain accurate health and safety and training records.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Know all aspects of health, safety & welfare legislations and communicate any changes to the school board.
- Provide regular reports to the SLT on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
The successful School Health and Safety Officer will:
- Provide relevant references.
- Have experience working within an educational setting or in a similar role.
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration.
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks.
If this position is of interest or would like to know more, please apply or contact Megan Coop and Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood Teachers who is acting as an employment agency.