Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) School Receptionist to join an established team working within a busy school in Blackburn.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a first point of call for visitors, parents, students and staff.
School Administrator responsibilities include:
- To deal effectively with telephone calls, transferring callers to relevant staff and taking and passing on messages as required.
- Follow safeguarding procedures by issuing passes and lanyards to visitors, ensuring that visitors are signed into the school and checking DBS information for visitors.
- Communicating with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information between parents and teachers in a timely manner with minimum disruption to lessons.
- To ensure that the reception area remains tidy and that literature and forms are updated and replenished as necessary.
- To receive and sign for all packages and deliveries.
- To record and post all outgoing mail, distribute incoming post and frank outgoing post
- Carry out general administrative assistance e.g. writing letters, updating systems, photo copying etc
- Maintain the general email accounts for reception responding to queries / directing enquiries as required
- Assist in the upkeep of contact records, including student and staff contact information
- Create mailing labels as required
- Help maintain general order in the school e.g. clearing lost property and tidying notice board.
- Assist with management of building and locker keys
- Collate registers and check absences.
- To provide first day calling to parents of absent pupils.
- Maintaining and updating school information, records and databases.
- Assist with arrangements for visits by the immunisation team, photographer, etc.
- Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. pupil's data.
- Undertake routine administrative procedures.
- To Administer First Aid and complete accident reports.
The successful School Receptionist will:
- Provide relevant references.
- Have experience working within an educational setting.
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration.
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks.
If this position is of interest or would like to know more, please apply or contact Megan Coop and Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood Teachers who is acting as an employment agency.