Rotherwood Recruitment are working in partnership with a world leading developer for lubricants and greases who innovate, develop, and manufacture world-class products. Due to growth and demand, they are now recruiting for an experienced Sales Manager to join their team in Nelson.
You are responsible for expanding the customer base and retaining existing customers at the same time. European and Middle East sales including our home market for both the Bakery and Food Lubricant product ranges
As a key member of the Sales team, you will report directly to the Technical Director working alongside other Managers you will be part of the team that will drive the company forward delivering growth and expanding operations.
You will be responsible for evaluation of your target markets and working with the Technical Director you will develop a short, medium and long-term strategy for the company’s sales operations. Your plans are to included growth targets together with expected revenues and margins, this will include new business together with retention and increase of existing business.
You will report monthly and annually detailing your plans, updates and performance to the company’s senior management team in the agreed format.
- Provide the vision in order to strategically plan, agree and maintain an ongoing 3 year business plan taking into account the competitive landscape, market trends and threats together with economic changes.
- Deliver the agreed plans together with the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Travel worldwide as and when required.
- Having excellent administration skills to effectively manage Business Plans in order to achieve the goals of the business.
- Technical competence and knowledge together with a hands-on approach (where necessary) to direct specialist work.
- Create strong relationships with customers, distributors and internal staff at all levels.
- Excellent negotiating skills with customers, shareholders and managers secure orders and maintain agreed margins in line with the agreed business plan.
- Produce plans, reports and KPI data that allows the sales operation to be monitored and managed effectively in the agreed format and frequency.
- Ensure our operations comply with law, regulations, H & S and ISO requirements whist improving and maintaining company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Work collaboratively with your team to fosters a culture of continuous process improvement and commitment.
- Provide engineering, technical and lubrication training to both internal and external staff as and when required.
- Resolve problems and complaints that are sales related.
- Actively pursue your own personal training and development
- Previous experience in direst selling essential.
- Excellent communication, language, literacy, numeracy, presentation, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Level headed and the ability to work under pressure.
- Geographical knowledge of the world.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Handle multiple projects at any one time.
- Ability to sell and seal the deal.
- Regular reporting to the Senior Management Team.
- Flexibility towards working hours.
- Speaking at conferences and events about the company’s products and services.
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
40 hours per week, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm with 30 mins unpaid lunch break. However, as the client’s operation is worldwide you will be expected to be totally flexible in relation to your working hours and location of work