We are working with a reputable, long standing manufacturing business based in Nelson. They currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their busy sales and estimating team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing detailed cost estimates/tender documentation as well as building relationships with customers to encourage future business and maximise potential sales opportunities.
- Act as a primary point of contact for customer enquiries
- Produce and co-ordinate appropriate quotation/tender responses to customer enquiries
- Liaise with customers and assist them in selecting methods/products best suited to their needs
- Prepare detailed Bill of Materials
- Liaise with Purchasing team to send out enquiries to suppliers/subcontractors to obtain accurate quotes for materials and subcontract work
- Compilation of the method of manufacture routing with the manufacturing department to detail within estimating Package
- Preparation of manufacturing production plan in conjunction with the manufacturing department
- Maintain MRP estimating details
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer base
- Time served through an engineering apprenticeship
- A strong track record in a manufacturing/engineering environment with experience in a similar role
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Confident user of MRP systems
- Good communication, organisation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and working to tight targets and deadlines
- Strong IT skills including using MS packages; Word, Excel and Project
- Full UK driving license
Permanent Full Time
Minimum of 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday - (8am-4.45pm Monday to Thursday & 8am to 12.30pm Friday).
Expected to work more hours as and when to ensure tender/quote deadlines are met.
33 days Annual Leave includes 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare after qualifying period
- Pension Scheme (employer contribution is 4%)
- Life Insurance - after qualifying period