Our client based in Burnley is looking to strengthen their Quality department with the addition of a permanent Quality Technician.
Working with likeminded engineers the role will consist of the following:- • Be able to validate CMM programmes and CMM reports by interrogating 3D CAD and 2D drawings, to then conduct linear measurements, confirming whether a part meets the customer specification or not, by alternative means to a CMM
• Full understanding of engineering specifications and can confirm if a part is OK / NOK to the respective specifications
• Responsible for approving 1st off parts . Confidence to stop production and challenge engineers & production managers if a part is non-conforming, using accurate measurement data against customer specifications to support this
• Can support containment and problem solving activities with the use of measurement data and experience of CNC machining. Can support the team working through the 8D process, agreeing on preventative measures to problems
• Can conduct process capability studies to support process validation which supports PPAP / NPI
• Can complete MSA studies to ensure the measuring equipment identified is fit for purpose against the feature specification and skill of the operators. Can manage calibration of all measuring equipment
• Experience with control plans and PFMEA would be advantageous
• Can pass on their experience and knowledge to the wider Quality team, especially the technical inspection skills aspect.
Ideally we are looking for Time Served Engineers with an in-depth knowledge of CNC machining, transferred over into a quality role, and have the ability to measure a part using a CMM, and also other manual inspection equipment.
This is a permanent position based at there facility in Burnley.
Working on a day shift Monday to Thursday 7.45am till 5pm and Friday 7.45am till 1pm on a standard 39 hour week.