As a QHSE Manager you will manage all management systems and will be responsible for building and improving quality standards across the manufacturing site including the management of a small team of Quality Technicians.
Role Requirements: 72% Quality, 20% Safety, 8% Environmental
- 4 day working week (37 hrs per week, Monday to Thursday)/consider pro-rata
- Enhanced Company Pension Contributory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Financial advisor service
- Life Insurance x 3 salary
- Free On-site parking
- You will introduce new QHSE improvements (Quality, Health & Safety & the Environment) to maintain success of the business going forward.
- Receiving and inspecting goods / materials from outside suppliers
- Inspecting and testing batches of product to ensure that quality standards are maintained.
- Calibrating electrical, mechanical, metrology and environmental test equipment
- Supporting specific production lines, including compiling records, investigation and analysis of rejects and performing routine audits.
- Investigating and analysing other internal rejects and customer returns
- Using 8D knowledge, administer the Company’s systems for identifying and managing non-conformance and lead continuous improvement activities on the shop floor
- Providing assistance in training team members in quality aspects of their job
- Generating and maintaining reports, documentation and computer files required for the above.
- Providing support and assistance to other departments as and when required.
- Liaison at all levels with suppliers and customers on any product quality related matters
- Work with Operations to establish KPIs to track and monitor performance
- Manage and maintain Health & Safety within the business
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the existing ISO standards throughout the business
The successful candidate will be someone who is familiar with automotive standards and is able to drive and coordinate PPAP and PFMEA activities / lead the company through ISO9001/ISO14001 and other relevant systems approvals ensuring standards are maintained/developed and new approvals achieved, as required. Also analysing and reporting of data and recommending and implementing appropriate corrective actions/ improvements. Administering the Company’s Internal Audit programme, liaising with customers/approval bodies including completing questionnaires, as required. Playing an active role in supplier approval/development.
Personal Skills / Experience
- Must have experience in a Quality Assurance role within an ISO9001 and ISO14001 approved manufacturing organisation.
- Proven experience of managing Health & Safety is essential.
- Must have a can-do attitude with the ability to complete inspection if required.
- Have 5S knowledge with the ability to suggest/implement improvements to current practice.
- Have an understanding of, and the ability to operate/introduce statistical process techniques, such as SPC and capability studies.
- Have an understanding of different measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of PPAP (production part approval process) and PFMEA (process failure mode effects analysis) and being able to train others in the techniques used.
- Must be self-motivated, credible, honest and reliable and act as a role model to others. Should be able to multi-task and able to work in a multi-discipline team. Good interpersonal and time management skills are also essential.
- Must be able to motivate others.
- Must be computer literate. An engineering background with a working knowledge of electrical / electro-magnetic devices would be highly beneficial.
- Ideally will have internal auditor experience and the ability to mentor others through the auditing process.
- Should be capable and willing to develop the role and progress further within the company.