FACTS ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for manufacture of P.U. underlay, produced safely to the required quality in targeted quantities.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As a key member of the Manufacturing Team, Operatives are responsible for the efficient and safe running of their area within the production line to meet set targets to the required quality standard.
KEY ASPECTS OF ROLE:
- Machine utilisation
- To ensure efficient start-up at the beginning of each week and close down at the end of each week.
- Responsible for escalation of breakdown to Line Leader/Shift Supervisor.
- To ensure all resources are available to ensure efficient process changes.
- To adhere to production schedule (running order and quantities).
- Identification and reporting of early warning signs for faults.
- To adhere to agreed quality standards in both product and packaging.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality assurance (weight and gauge) checks are regularly undertaken in accordance with quality procedures and accurately recorded on the data capture.
- To Alert Line Leader/Shift Technologist/Shift Supervisor if quality requirements are not met.
- To maintain line speeds as a minimum.
- Waste Reduction
- Responsible for ensuring all waste is disposed of in the correct manner (Recyclable materials sorted, scrap materials etc.) to reduce waste were possible.
- Health & Safety
- To fully comply with all company Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure that you wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- To follow all departmental JSI’s to ensure a safe working environment.
- To report all near miss and/or incidents.
- To take ownership of your own and other employees safety.
- To ensure you maintain agreed standards of housekeeping and ensure areas are kept clear from obstruction and pedestrian areas are kept clear from slipping/tripping hazards.
- To take ownership for housekeeping within your own working areas.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other duties.
- 33 days holiday per year.
- Company pension available
Please note: Job offer subject to satisfactory medical including passing a drugs test.