Our client is part of a Group of Companies specialising in all aspects of property purchase & management. They have offices based in Burnley and in Middlesbrough and manage a large portfolio of properties in both regions.
They offer a fully client based serviced approach to investing in properties, acquiring properties from the open market, renovating them to a set standard and passing them onto the lettings department for maintenance and management and then re-sell the properties to investors. Full management of the properties is retained by the company.
The company consists of various departments, including Property Surveyance, Renovations, Lettings, Maintenance, Rent Collections, Property Management, Legal and Sales & Marketing.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Property Manager to head up the department that manages privately owned properties in the surrounding area of the North-West. You must have a proven track record of looking after a portfolio of residential property and also have the responsibility of looking after trade and office staff. The ideal candidate will be someone from a trade/construction background with a passion and drive of going into management and progressing.
This is a supportive and hands-on role.
- Checklists and Work Allocation Lists are Planned and Completed for any properties under
- Ensuring property works lists are completed in accordance with company standards and
smooth handover process
- Budgeting and Planning for property works
- Pre-Renovation Planning and Property Inspections are done according to standards
- Ensuring compliance and health and safety procedures are followed
- Management and tracking of Building Operations Stock
- Overseeing Building Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensuring key targets, budgets and timescales are adhered to
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to
- Working closely with our Lettings department ensuring that all compliance is followed
through (gas, electric, EPC)
- Coaching, developing and managing staff
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to join our team and advance their career in the
building industry with a fast-paced business that offers great career opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be a motivated, confident and enthusiastic individual who is professional
and an excellent team-player.
Experience & Key Skills Required
- Experienced in house renovations, ideally tradesman/construction background
- Experienced in managing successful teams, with an eye for quality
- Computer literate – being able to use Excel and Word packages
- Communication skills – be able to work with a diverse range of people professionally and
communicate verbally and in writing.
- Organisational skills – be able to manage multiple projects, track projects and deliver results
in a timely manner
- Interpersonal skills – approachable and friendly, be able to deal with others in a professional
- ARLA Qualification
In return, the candidate will benefit from
- Private Medical expenses cover
- Free Parking on site
- Support and training, professional development
- Working in a long established and reputable business