Temporary to Permanent
Our client is a successful manufacturing company who produce high quality bespoke lighting. This is achieved by a team of highly skilled artisan craftsmen and women who use their expertise to create jaw-dropping lighting for bars, restaurants and hotels throughout the country.
This wouldn’t be possible without their greatly experienced office staff who prioritise customer service by liaising with the clients every step of the way and produce documentation to ensure manufacturing specifications are adhered to and all targets and deadlines are made top priority.
The clients’ own marketing department ensure that their unique products are showcased through various channels giving credit to the various designers and architects who inspire the creation of this prestigious lighting.
The Project Coordinator is a vital member of the team, responsible for delivering in all areas and aspects of each project which vary in size and complexity. The Project Coordinator is responsible for leading, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of a Project Manager.
Ideally, candidates will have some manufacturing experience.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES
- Must display a “can do” attitude
- Proactive and professional approach to all tasks
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to multitask as there will be multiple projects to be coordinated at any one time, with multiple tasks to complete within each project.
- Have good order management and teamwork skills
- Work well under deadlines and have time management skills
- Must be willing to work within a high-pressure environment
- Overtime will be expected during busy periods and to ensure deadlines and targets are met and customer service standards are adhered to
- Must be computer literate (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Accept responsibility and accountability for projects assigned to them
- To ensure communication and customer service levels are kept to a very high standard with the customer at all times. This also includes communication with site contractors
- To effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client is crucial
- Keep the Project Manager informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations that they may not be aware of or that they feel may need dealing with from a higher level
- To ask all relevant questions at the earliest opportunity to client to ensure production can begin to meet deadlines
- To keep the deadline and all target dates set by Project Manager in mind throughout the project and to advise Project Manager of any delays
- To produce documentation for new and existing products for each order using the template documents and systems in place
- Issue Purchase Orders for component parts within their remit, chase orders and also chase other members of staff who also issue orders for their project. Overall ensuring that all parts arrive within the target deadlines so that manufacture can begin within the target deadlines given to the production team
- Assist the Project Manager in the review of supplier quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval. To ensure to keep in mind that the best price possible is strived for during all ordering tasks
- Create sales orders for invoicing and booking out component parts purposes
- Create project manuals for both the file and the production supervisor including images and reference numbers
- To provide clear, accurate and up to date information and schedules regarding each item going through production is essential to the role. Communicating information to relevant team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project’s requirements, unforeseen complications etc
- Update delivery calendars and ensure collection boards are up to date
- To be involved in daily production and delivery meetings with the team and Project Manager. Being involved in production meetings enables the coordinator to track the progress and quality of work being performed by production team
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects to ensure all of the above is met within the deadlines therefore reducing chances of mistakes when memory is relied on
- Attend client and site meetings when necessary, with or without the Project Manager
- Assist other project coordinators if necessary, whether assistance is due to less experience or unforeseen circumstances arising
- Willing to take on the task of another member of staff where possible in the event of absence to ensure project deadlines are still achieved. E.g. ordering raw materials or other components outside of the project coordinator remit in the event the production admin staff member is absent
- Willing to assist another department where possible to ensure project deadlines are still achieved. E.g., helping to pack items if production is behind schedule for the carrier service