Our client based in Steeton is looking to recruit a Production Manager on a full time, temporary to permanent basis.
Responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in the overall management and performance of the processes and procedures for the following functions:
- Assembly Activities
- Production Planning and Control
- Logistics and Despatch
- Health and Safety
Responsible for Controlling and Managing Efficient Departments:
- A constant awareness that profitability is the reason for the company’s success
- Total costs are considered in making decisions
- Late deliveries are minimised to meet company objectives
- Customer complaints are monitored, and appropriate corrective action is implemented to prevent recurrence of problems
- Waste is minimised from both an environmental and cost implication
- Activities have performance reports established which assist Management to achieve key targets
- Documentation, including labelling fully meets customer requirements.
- Customer Service levels should be optimised in support of achieving our company mission
- Keeping individuals fully informed.
- Utilising an effective and non-threatening communication style.
- Setting, agreeing, and meeting deadlines.
- Reviewing performance against targets set.
- Ensuring team members have a clear understanding of their duties.
- Providing information as required.
- Ensuring information is reliable (accurate) and relevant (timely).
- Working practices reflect company values and procedures.
- Positive and constructive feedback is provided as and when necessary.
- Feedback from both suppliers and customers is sought.
- Ensuring personnel’s abilities are adequate to meet company needs.
Responsible for Informing and Motivating Individuals by:
- Regular communication with personnel.
- Contributing to and / or conduct briefing meetings as and when required.
- Personal involvement with members of staff and giving the opportunity for up-to-date feedback.
- Provision of up-to-date job descriptions for all staff.
- Performance Development Reviews to be conducted on an annual basis.
- Identification of training requirements and the provision of resources to satisfy them.
Responsible for assisting with inter departmental liaison by:
- Attending / contributing at management meetings when required.
- Attending / contributing at any other relevant meetings as required.
- Feedback of important information is provided to relevant personnel on a need-to-know basis.
- Responsible for maximising personal effectiveness and personal contribution within the organisation.
- There is a constant level of seeking improvements and new methods.
- Adopts a positive attitude to company initiatives.
- There is a healthy attitude towards constructive criticism.
- Progress towards personal development plans are reviewed quarterly and further self-improvement is initiated.
Recruitment and Induction:
- Responsible for selecting suitable personnel for vacancies within the departments.
- Ensuring that company selection procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring new recruits meet employee specification and requirements.
- Attending final interviews for job applicants.
- Ensuring an induction programme is in place for new recruits.
- Ensuring performance reviews are carried out within 3 months.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for ensuring that Risk Assessments are in place and updated as required.
- All PPE is issued, used, and managed in accordance with the companies H&S Procedures
- All relevant Fire Safety Tasks and Inspections are conducted as per requirements
- All relevant Racking, Ladders and FLT Inspections are conducted as per requirements
- Housekeeping Audits are conducted biannually