Our client, a college in Nelson, are looking for a diligent and experienced Financial Officer working within their finance team as the Procurement Officer.
The successful candidate will ensure that value for money is at the heart of the procurement of all goods and services, will meet the needs of the colleges’ customers and will comply with financial procedures.
This exciting opportunity is EITHER for a fully qualified Procurement Officer with a thorough understanding of procurement regulations OR an individual looking to develop their skills and work towards a level 3 / 4 CIPS (charted institute of Procurement & Supply), with the colleges’ financial support to achieve this.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work with suppliers to ensure the college receives value for money
- Support departments with the procurement of goods and services in offering expertise and maintain compliance with procurement policies and procedures
- Prepare tender documentation as required, and oversee the tender process of evaluation to award stage
- Maintain a contracts database of all major college contracts, ensuring a timely retendering of contracts where required
Essential candidate requirements:
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- IT qualification and/or demonstrable IT literacy
- Finance environment background
- Suitability to work with children/young people and/or vulnerable adults