We are working in partnership with a well established garment manufacturing company based in Nelson. With a growing demand for products, our client is now in need of expanding their team and are looking for a Presser Operative.
Do you have these key skills needed for this role?
- Exceptional hand eye coordination
- Good concentration level
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well or as part of a team
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- An understanding of Health and Safety requirement
To aid the manufacture of the clients best quality finished products
Duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the goods and labels are correct for the production order
- Advising problems with quality or condition of material as soon as possible
- Pressing the seams or the finished tie with commercial steam irons
- Ensure the process is completed with maximum efficiency and highest quality
- Ensure the completed items are passed to the next stage in a suitable condition
- Daily maintenance of individual machines
For the right person this is a permanent role.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-4.30pm, Fri 8am-12pm
Rate of pay: £10.42 per hour