Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting a Placement Officer to join a dynamic organisation based in Burnley.
The role is a full-time, permanent position.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To utilise effective employer engagement strategies to ensure sufficient employers across a range of occupational areas and geographical locations are engaged and retained in supporting the objectives required.
- To match learners to opportunities in accordance with needs, aspirations, objectives and the results of initial assessment, thus enabling them to be better prepared for work, with the end intention of work experience turning into apprenticeship and job opportunities.
- Be actively involved in preparing learners for work experience through delivery of relevant sessions, in a group setting or on a 1 to 1 basis.
- To regularly review learner progress within the work placement and maintain a level of learner contact, support and IAG throughout the programme, commensurate with individual needs for continued engagement and success in all aspects of their programmes.
- Assist learners with successful progression planning, managing the process of leavers and transition, effectively and regularly tracking learners to monitor destinations, update progression data and drive the achievement of targets.
- To engage effectively with colleagues and employers, to ensure comprehensive and accurate information is communicated regarding learners progress, achievements and support needs including liaising with parents and guardians.
- To maintain appropriate learner records that meet company standards and external requirements and to provide relevant statistics as directed to support performance.
- To enable the safety and well-being of learners within the workplace setting. Aligned to this will be the need to ensure that employers understand their role, work effectively with colleagues to ensure H&S approvals are complete prior to the work experience commencing and to monitor Health, Safety and Safeguarding during work experience, acting promptly regarding any concerns.
- To work closely with the recruitment and business development teams to ensure that current apprenticeship vacancies are best utilised, offering work experience as work trials and converted into opportunities that support our learners to ultimately progress onto an apprenticeship.
- To facilitate customer feedback, encourage the learner voice and completion of surveys in order to collate valuable evidence that will contribute in the development and delivery of the department Self-Assessment Report and Quality Improvement Plan in the pursuit of continuous improvement towards excellence.
Requirements of the Placement Officer role:
- Possession of or willingness to work towards a Level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance qualification.
- Possession of or willingness to work towards a Level 3 Preparing to Teach qualification.
- Maths , English and ICT qualification at least Level 2 or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Experience of influencing people in a working sales/ recruitment environment
- Provide details of last 2 latest references, covering the last 5 years’ work history
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If this Office Manager position is of interest or would like to know more, please apply or contact Megan Coop and Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood Teachers who is acting as an employment agency.