Our client based in Crosshills is looking to recruit a Parts Inspector/CMM Operator on a full time, permanent basis.
General Description of the Role:
The Parts Inspector will be responsible for inspecting manufactured parts from suppliers and those produced in house.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking cubic and cylindrical parts and checking large components from heavy machining departments.
- Working in the standards room on the Talyrond, talyvelling beds and tables.
- Endo scoping parts to check for burrs and debris/swarf.
- Providing first piece inspection of machine parts.
- Measuring and working to very fine tolerances.
- Creation of inspection and non-conformance reports.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Key Skills Requirements:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Flexibility between departments and being able to adapt to change of work schedules to meet the demands of the business.
- Conversant with geometrical tolerancing and inspection procedures.
- Be conversant with ISO9001 requirements.
- Ability to measure fine tolerances.
- Ability to use measuring equipment including Faro arm operation, Talyrond operation, Talyvel operation and CMM operation (ideally Leitz).
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Salary is paid monthly in arrears on or about the 20th of each month directly into your bank or building society account.
- Perkpal Benefit Platform (with access to a wide range of discounts and vouchers,
- from supermarket shopping to high end gifts)
- HealthShield healthcare and wellbeing plan (covering confidential counselling and
- support with dental and eye care costs, physio and prescriptions)
- Life assurance cover (5x your annual salary)
- Enhanced paternity and maternity policies
- On-site subsidised canteen, with occasional company-funded meals eg. summer BBQ and Christmas lunch
- Up to eight hours of paid medical appointment leave per annum, in addition to holidays
- Free parking in a secure carpark
- Contributory Social Club
The Company's holiday year runs between January and December.Holidays are booked in hours and as a full-time employee you are entitled to 266 hours 30 minutes of annual leave (equivalent to 28 days paid holiday and 8 bank holidays). If your employment starts or finishes part way through the holiday year, your holiday entitlement during that year shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis rounded up to the nearest minute. Holidays may be taken in full days, half days or hours; a minimum of 1 hour may be taken at any one time.