An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical estimator to join this well-established company.
Whilst ideally this position is for an experienced candidate, an applicant with other experience in the mechanical building services sector would be considered and training would be provided.
The company prides itself on its non-adversarial approach, focusing on its strengths to provide clients with the best possible services and constantly challenges tradition to find new, innovative ways of working.
The companies’ services provided include:
- Commercial, Industrial and Residential Installations
- Full Design Service
- Electrical Installation Work
- Lighting & Emergency Lighting – Install, Inspection & Testing
- Plumbing & Gas Installations
- Air Conditioning & Ventilation
- Fire Alarm Systems – Install, Inspection & Testing
- Fixed Wiring – Installation, Inspection & Test
- Planned Maintenance
- PV and Vehicle Charging Points
- Security/Access Control/CCTV
As our Mechanical Estimator you will report directly to our Technical Director and will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks, some of which are detailed below.
- Put together competitive bids & estimates.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are incorporated into all proposed activities and tender submissions.
- Negotiate preferential rates with suppliers to ensure best prices are always achieved.
- Produce competitive tenders for mechanical building services projects.
- Liaise with Electrical estimator for M&E Tenders.
- Using relevant industry experience, you will be expected to help develop and refine the estimation process to improve efficiency, clarity, and accuracy whilst reducing overall costs.
- Attend tender, pre-start meetings, negotiate pre-contract terms and conditions as well as documenting any agreements reached.
- Obtain external quotations for specific materials, equipment, and subcontracting packages.
- Report on ongoing performance by gathering feedback from clients on submitted tenders/quotes, highlighting areas of concern, and providing solutions to help overcome these areas.
- To be a successful candidate, you will be able to readily adapt to changing demands, support and co-operate with others and communicate well at all levels.
- Be confident in presenting in a convincing and informative manner.
- A willingness to take ownership and responsibility for your projects.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines to achieve objectives.
- Be able to build relationships with new and existing clients.
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- HNC qualified or equivalent would be advantageous.
- A solid working knowledge of the Estimation application in Trimble or similar estimating software.
- A proven track record of carrying out a similar role estimating Commercial, Residential, Education and Mission Critical projects up to a maximum value of £5M
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft packages; Outlook, Excel and Word.
Schedule & Benefits
- 25 days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working opportunity
- Monday to Friday
- Early finish on a Friday
- Company Pension
- 12% car allowance
- On site free parking