Rotherwood Recruitment are working in partnership with an ambitious Machine technology company based in Huddersfield.
The company prides itself on having a highly skilled technical workforce, with deep experience in the semiconductor, instrumentation, and advanced manufacturing sectors. At this exciting stage in their development, they have an immediate requirement for an experienced Machine Tool Fitter who has the ability to assemble high value capital equipment in line with mechanical & electrical engineering drawings and instructions. This will involve working closely with the technical support functions and other members of the operations team.
The successful applicant must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings; fit bearings, shafts, and other parts to an acceptable engineering standard; modify or adjust parts as required; competently use hand and power tools, test equipment and measuring instruments; inspect and check fitted parts and sub-assemblies; adhere to H&S procedures and SSOW. Electrical fault-finding experience is advantageous.
- Assembly of various sub-assemblies, from simple mechanical assemblies to complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Assembly of sub-assemblies into final machine structure
- Ability to read detailed mechanical / electrical engineering drawings with basic understanding of GD&T
- Ability to follow detailed instructions for test and machine commissioning procedures
- Reporting of part non conformance
- Occasional engineering workshop events for future development work
- Assist in initial quality inspections
- Strong background in mechanical and electrical fitting (ideally from the machinery industry)
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Ability to use various hand and workshop power tools
- Experience in using measuring equipment such as callipers, scopes, DTI etc.
- Based in a commutable distance to Huddersfield area
- Strong work ethic with a get stuck in attitude
- Organized individual with ability to work well in a team
- Willingness to help and develop other team members as required
Working hours 07:30 – 16:30 Monday to Thursday (incl. two paid 10-minute breaks and 30 minute lunch break), Friday 08:00 – 12:00.