Our Client is part of a global company. Its premises in Lancashire are involved in the manufacturing and installing of safety alarm systems.
They are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager
Role: Responsible for the controlling, auditing, safe storage & movement of materials/equipment in on-site warehousing facilities. Assist in the development of the existing WMS system focusing on efficiency, capacity, safe & effective storage solutions.
- Accurate control & rotation of stock (materials/finished goods)
- Preparation & organization of stores area
- Assist team in dealing with stock discrepancies/defective stock
- Prepare, conduct and resolve variance investigations of stock counts
- Ensure stock control systems are maintained accurately
- Uphold the departments KPI’s, reporting & operational standards.
- Ensure H&S are at the forefront of decision making & reflected in daily operations
- Conduct and ensure compliance of risk assessments
- Schedule and manage perpetual stock taking activities throughout the business
- Work with the warehousing and management teams to develop efficient stock taking procedures in readiness for annual stock take
- Develop & monitor picking activities, efficiencies and procedures in the development of the existing WMS system.
- Contribute to and make recommendations for improvements to process method/quality.
- Assist with process/system changes deemed necessary within the department.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Carry out additional duties on request of the Manufacturing management team.
- Where appropriate, assist with & provide on the job training.
- Partake in staff development programmes.
Wage is negoitiable dependent on experience
Benefits: Free On-site Parking