Our client based in Skipton is looking to recruit a Leak & Detect Technician on a full time, permanent basis.
Main Purpose: Responsible for the successful delivery of project KPI’s, including service delivery standards in relation to the customer specifications and requirements and achievement of the regional and business financial budget targets.
The Leak & Detect Technician is responsible and accountable to the Leak & Detect Manager for the procurement, processing, and successful conclusion of projects within agreed financial parameters, operating procedures and all legislative requirements covering operational requirements to meet and exceed performance targets.
The Leak & Detect Technician is to adhere to the Company’s Management Procedures, Quality and Health and Safety policies at all times and shall be the formal day to day contact with the customer’s representative on site. They are also responsible for the induction, supervision and care of all permanent staff and occasional employees under their control.
- Undertaking the initial leak & detect site inspection and preparing / issuing the assessment report on the findings to the relevant party, together with the scope of works.
- Carrying out the scope of works as required and discussing this with the Leak & Detect Manager where necessary.
- Maintaining a flexible approach to the role including participation in the on call rota and some anti-social working hours (including weekends).
- You will normally work either from a branch or remotely. However, you may be deployed to other regions or overseas projects as the need arises and in agreement with the Leak & Detect Manager.
- Responsible for any method statements / asbestos / risk assessments in relation to the project and carry out any additional site / processes risk assessments as required.
- Responsible for the control of all project techniques, paperwork, equipment, and resources to achieve the highest quality, most cost effective and technically appropriate results.
- To prioritise and co-ordinate all assigned projects, ensuring adherence to project completion targets and to delegate tasks according to subordinates’ experience.
- Ensure that all necessary inspections and testing of clients’ property are performed and that the required quality standard is achieved.
- To liaise with the Leak & Detect Manager and advise of any restoration anomalies, third party repair requirements, variations to contract, equipment needs, BER items and timescale and project cost deviations.
- Ensure all documentation, whether paper or electronic, complies with Management Procedures and Systems and that all materials & equipment forms are updated and maintained in a timely manner and completed before the working file is passed to the Property Team Division Administrator.
- Ensuring that a daily timesheet, using the appropriate system, is completed for yourself and each employee under your control by 19:00 every Friday and that it is checked and authorised by both the employee and yourself. The timesheets are to arrive in the branch whether paper or electronic no later than Monday 08:30.
- Previous experience in a leak and detect role.
- Ability to undertake leak and detect assessment / works.
- High attention to detail.
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of the business.
- Ability to achieve deadlines, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate both written and verbally and work effectively with customers, employees and teams at all levels.
- IT literate.
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
- Leak and Detect or Insurance related qualification.
- BDMA Tech leading to Senior Tech.