Due to continued growth our client is looking for a Junior Buyer, this is an exciting project for a recent graduate or someone who has just beginning a career in procurement.
Do you have the skills and experience they need?
You will be responsible for Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements and in line with agreed strategic direction.
The successful applicant will have previous experience of working in a purchasing team or a recent graduate. You will be responsible for the development and introduction of sourcing and category plans that will be designed to deliver a value for money supply base, with specific focus on cost, quality and delivery, and may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
· Work individually and directly with the MP&L Manager and all internal business leads, to ensure the successful delivery of contracted supply activities
· Responsible for negotiating terms of business, competitive pricing and where applicable, service level agreements and performance expectations
· Lead the overall development, delivery and implementation of commodity strategies, covering supply markets, suppliers, market trends and risks and opportunities, with the strategies designed to identify and realise overall target productivity and supplier rationalisation
· Conduct spend analysis and benchmarking to ensure the business achieves maximum value from its suppliers
· Access and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
· Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
· Actively promote and champion the use of best practise to ensure compliance with the organisations policies and procedures
· Foster close working relationships with stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
· Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
· Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial but not essential
· Previous experience of working in a purchasing team would be an advantage
· Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
· Experience of working closely with suppliers
· Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements
· An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous
· Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities
This position is working for a market leading company, the successful candidate will be working with the directors and leading a new project. After a 12-18 month period they will be integrated into the central purchasing team with views to progress within a modern, innovative and growing company.
The post is 39 hours per week
7.45am - 5pm Monday to Thursday
7.45am to 1pm Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent