Due to continued growth, our client is looking to expand their team with an IT Support Leader in Burnley.
IT Support Leader is responsible for leading the IT team whilst maintaining the company's IT network, servers, hardware, software and peripherals.
To be a contact for internal users when they experience technical issues, production problems and for general hardware and software enquiries.
To assist with investigating and diagnosing network and software problems, collecting IT usage stats, and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT hardware & software solutions.
To provide helpdesk support for staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
- Setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords. monitoring internet and email use.
- Assist with crisis situations of complex technical hardware or software problems
- Securing data from internal and external attacks
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users
To assist with the purchase, setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
To occasionally install and configure software applications.
To help produce and maintain I.T. statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
- To assist with the upkeep of the organisation I.T. inventory
To maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computers and equipment.
To be able to diagnose a variety of hardware, software and network issues in a timely fashion and provide appropriate solutions where required.
To create, maintain and diagnose faults with custom software, SQL databases, scripts and procedures.
To be able to program and maintain switching and routing hardware.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Team leadership or supervisor experience
- Apprenticeship or BTEC National Diploma Level IT Certification or above
- Enthusiasm to learn and strong work ethic
- Excellent organization and time management
- Helpdesk/Desktop support environment experience
- A full UK driving license
- Good troubleshooting skills, both onsite and remotely
- Basic knowledge of IT networking and configuration
- Windows OS [7/10/11], Windows Server [2012/2016/2019], Linux OS (Ubuntu, Centos)
- Microsoft exchange server office 365 / Exchange hybrid deployment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Experience with desktop applications [Office, Chrome, Adobe and Anti-Virus software.
- Active Directory and related Microsoft services experience
- Experience of Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V)
- Understanding of SQL and SAP Crystal Reports
- Experience in managing suppliers throughout issue resolution
- Understanding or experience of time-critical manufacturing processes, and supporting technology
- Experience with ERP systems
- Assist with the Cyber Security program (Training, MFA)