Purpose of the Job
- To assist the Head of HR/Operations by undertaking the HR administration for the schools and supporting the wider operational needs of the School.
- To be responsible for general personnel matters including the administration of personnel records and training records.
- To ensure all staff and visitors involved in the life of the school are subject to DBS clearance and to maintain the Single Central Record in line with school’s safeguarding policy and ISI regulations.
- To deliver a proactive service including the provision of key HR related administration/information.
- To administer starter / leaver processes including all documentation, including induction process.
- To prepare all letters and contracts for new starters, including contractual changes for existing employees (such as any changes to employee terms and conditions).
- To provide administrative support to line managers in relation to HR processes, including note taking at investigations of formal meetings.
- To support the Head of HR/Operations in developing appropriate management information systems.
- To provide accurate data inputting in relation to absences, holiday leave, maternity, paternity etc, using the Schools HR/SIMs/Payroll systems.
- To provide and maintain electronic filing and paper based filing records for employees.
- To support the development of the digital platform and move to paper free records
- To input training data into HR software and maintain paper based training records for all employees.
- To provide general administrative function to support HR and Payroll functions, telephone answering, , collating data, inputting data using the School’s software, scanning, photocopying and emails.
- To provide the relevant line manager(s) with induction templates and new starter checklist to ensure a smooth on boarding process for the new employee.
- Production of standard documents and routine correspondence.
- To assist and undertake a proactive role in all HR related policies including, but not limited to, disciplinary, capability and attendance management issues.
- Provide assistance during staff recruitment in relation to .
- Schedule and organise interviews and issue relevant correspondence to interviewers and interviewees.
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates.
- Assist with ensuring pre-employment checks are undertaken.
- Assist with ensuring employment related documentation is processed in-line with requirements.
- To ensure staff contracts are produced and issued in a timely manner. Support the process of any formal action or procedure under the school absence management procedures.
- Assist the Head of HR/Operations to produce regular management information to enable monitoring of staff absences.
- Collating monthly data for overtime undertaken (ensuring authorisation has been provided), collate changes to pay, hours etc for monthly payroll.
- Assist in processing salary sacrifice of Child Care Vouchers and private health care.
- Assist in processing of, SMP,SSP, SAP, Court Orders along with other statutory payments/deductions.
- Assist in Processing P45’s, Starter declarations, P60’S etc
- To maintain confidential staff records and to ensure that the General Data Protection Regulations are adhered to.
- Be responsible for health and safety of operational area/s
This is a temporary-permanent role
This list is not exhaustive but rather an indication of the main requirements of the role.