Rotherwood Recruitment are working in partnership with a reputable business based in Burnley. Due to expansion they are now looking for a HR Assistant to join their HR Team.
The role of a Human Resources (HR) Assistant is to develop and implement HR best practice, ensuring the organisation complies with current employment law, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision. To work proactively, liaising with managers and employees to establish and maintain the company’s policies, procedures and culture. You will also support all day-to-day HR activities including recruitment, induction and have responsibility for the maintenance of employee records and HR related administration.
- Maintain, implement and evaluate HR policy and procedures.
- Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of HR systems, procedures and practices
- Identify and implement improvements
- Implement new policies, procedures and documentation as and when required
- Develop, Implement and maintain HR recording and monitoring systems.
- Ensure accurate employee records are in place (hard and electronic)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel, business activities and performance (staffing, recruitment, grievance, performance evaluations etc.)
- Ensure all records and reports are compliant with the requirements of GDPR
- Prepare payroll data ready for submission to the payroll provider and accounts team
- Facilitate and assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide consultation for all employees on HR issues
- Liaise with executives, management and supervision on HR related issues providing support and guidance as required
- Manage HR clerical and administrative support function
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc)
- Take minutes for executive and HR related meetings
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Support the business in ensuring compliance with the companies’ policies, procedures and practices
- Develop and maintain content of HR related training ensuring compliance with employment law and the business strategy and culture
- Identify and meet employee training needs in relation to HR
- Lead development of HR training for managers and frontline employees.
- Deliver/Assist training sessions relevant to HR (induction, policy changes/implementation, interview techniques, conducting investigations etc.)
- Provide/coordinate coaching and practical support as and when needed
- Adopt safe working practices in line with current Company procedures and to undertake appropriate training in Health and Safety
- Promote equality and diversity in the workplace by helping to deliver services which are accessible and appropriate to customer needs
- Promote behaviours in line with the business strategy and culture ensuring compliance with the business’s core values and branding guidelines
- Work in partnership with all senior and high-level management to ensure the vision and direction of the organisation is cascaded throughout all aspects of the business to continually enhance performance
- Establish and maintain excellent ongoing working relationships with colleagues
- Ensure they are appropriately motivated to carry out their responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the performance of the HR administration function
- Help to encourage all members of the team to take an active role in meetings and problem-solving activities
- Liaise and effectively communicate with internal and external colleagues
- Maintain effective working relationships with all internal colleagues
- Encourage the continuation and sharing of good practice
- Empower people to be proactive in their work
- To meet target
- Achieve goal
- Problem solving
- Participate fully in the Company’s Performance and Development process and to undertake training and development relevant to your job.
- Undertake any other duties, as requested by management, commensurate with the grade of the post.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets
- Good IT skills, in particular media packages, website construction, social media, spreadsheets and databases
- Analytical and numerical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Creative and innovative#
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- CIPD Level 3 or equivalent
- Previous experience of Human Resources generalist function
- An understanding of the Employment Law, Employee Development and Motivation, GDPR