Our client based in Nelson is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Health, Safety and Environmental Co-ordinator to join their busy QSHE team. Reporting to the QHSE Manager, your role will be to help promote a positive safety culture and encourage a proactive approach to good environmental practices. This is a role which requires a responsible person with a good awareness of HSE principles; safe systems of work; & applying best practice & suitable control measures where needed to ensure we maintain the high standards of safety & environmental performance.
Key tasks are:
- To carry out HSE inspections and audits
- To prepare & review risk assessments & procedures for all activities including COSHH, PUWER, Fire, Manual Handling & Display Screen Equipment
- To ensure compliance with our Integrated Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO45001)
- Carry out Company Inductions for new employees.
- Assist with communicating HSE policies and procedures and to ensuring they are implemented & understood across the business.
- To report and investigate accidents & incidents.
- The provision of HSE advice
- Assist with planning & conducting health, safety & environmental training
- Undertake General HSE administration tasks.
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally qualified to NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar health, safety & environmental role within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of health, safety & environmental legislation
- Familiar with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO45001 Management Systems
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
- Able to demonstrate problem solving ability
- Strong IT skills including using MS packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy engineering business! If you have plenty of experience in a similar role and are ready for a new challenge, please don’t hesitate to apply!
Salary: £29,000.00-£31,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay