Our client based in Skipton is looking to recruit a Financial Administrator on a full time, permanent basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Sales invoicing (Sage accounting but looking to change to Xero)
- Coding and recording all purchase invoicing (Sage/Xero)
- Setting up payments on NatWest bankline
- Setting up and maintaining income & expenditure budget spreadsheets (Excel)
- Monthly reports and bank reconciliations
- Ensuring payment procedures are adhered to
- Auto-enrolment pension payments
- Issuing statements
- Credit Control
- VAT returns (for all 3 companies)
- Liaising with auditors on preparation of y/e accounts
b) General administration
- As a small team, the administrator’s support role is important and varied. You will be the front end of the association, answering calls (and ensuring they are picked up by the right person) and getting to know and dealing with members’ queries.
- Data base management and keeping on top of membership contacts and details etc
- General office administration requirements eg ordering stationery, copier and printer consumables, preparing and issuing membership and audit certificates etc
- Assisting with service contracts eg insurance, mobile and telephone contracts
- Issuing membership renewal letters, conference invitations etc
- Dealing with initial stages of membership applications
- Setting up admin systems and records
- Supporting the team at the annual conference
- Other administrative tasks as they arise
- AAT bookkeeping qualification
- Experience of Sage accounting packages – and ability to switch to Xero
- Good Excel skills
- Good general IT skills – especially database management.
Hours of work - Full time - 37 hours - Mon to Fri, 9am-5pm. (4.30pm on Fridays) with 30 minutes for lunch. Some flexibility on hours possible
Salary - £26,000.