Our client based in Crosshills is looking to recruit a Finance Officer on a full time, temporary to permanent basis (Term time only)
Duties will include:
- A clear understanding & responsibility for the safeguarding of students
- To process orders and invoices for the school, including monitoring finance emails and sorting finance office post.
- To count/record and bank all income for the school, including Parentpay transactions.
- To monitor and order stock for central administration offices.
- To deal with internal and external queries regarding orders and invoices.
- To assist with weekly BACs payment runs and faster payments.
- Sort incoming parcels for faculties and departments for distribution by caretakers, and also distribute parcels when possible, within school.
- To organise cash collections via G4S.
- To process online purchase orders.
- To reconcile credit card statements.
- To enter recharges onto the system as necessary eg: photocopier, minibus, kitchen.
- To reimburse, enter and reconcile petty cash.
- To monitor and reconcile supplier statements.
- Undertake any other duties that may from time-to-time be reasonably required to commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Specific management & operational skills.
- Extensive (3 years or more) relevant work-related experience in financial management and reporting.
- Extensive computer & IT knowledge including accounting packages.
- Understanding of and experience of implementing financial control systems.
- Energy, resilience, and enthusiasm.
- Good organisational skills.
- Calm, tolerant approach.
- Smart appearance.
- Self-motivated & motivational.
- TO be able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Disposition & Attitudes
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of people, eg, outside agencies, staff, students.
- Exceptional organiser.
- Ability to manage time flexibly and effectively, and to cope with school life and to prioritise conflicting demands and pressures.
- Ability to act on initiative and to work both within a team and to work independently when required.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Availability for evening meetings