Our client based in Leeds City Centre is looking to recruit a Family Solicitor to join their Legal Aid team. The role will involve managing a caseload of matters including care proceedings, children’s arrangements, and domestic violence cases.
Duties will include:
- Running a case load of client matters.
- Dealing with matters at all stages, from taking the client’s initial instructions, applying for legal aid where appropriate, and advocacy.
- Drafting statements, applications, and other court pleadings.
- Dealing with new client enquiries.
- Providing support to other fee earners in the family department.
KEY SKILLS – ESSENTIAL
- Professional and friendly client care.
- Ability to work accurately in accordance with procedures and processes.
- Ability to deal with technical details and to express solutions to complex legal problems in a concise and client-friendly way.
- Ability to present and argue a case orally in court and in writing.
- Good spoken and written communication to deal with clients and other parties face to face, by telephone and in producing legal documents.
- Confident IT skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work, under supervision, to meet clients’ expectations and matter deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative as appropriate.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Salary - Dependant on skills and experience.