Electrical Control Panel Wirer
Temporary to Permanent
£14.50 per hour (Temporary to Permanent)
Our client is a leading source of high-quality Automation, Machinery Safety and Motion Control products. Based in Blackburn, they have almost 10,000 products available to buy online or shipped world-wide.
Due to increased production output, they now seek an additional Electrical Control Panel Wirer to work in their Blackburn factory.
This role is offered on a temporary to permanent basis.
This position would suit an experienced Electrical Control Panel Wirer seeking temporary work or looking for a long-term permanent position.
- Experienced in electrical wiring of control panels & machine control systems
- Electrical qualifications / apprenticeship
- Reliable, with a team-working ethic
- Wiring of control panels for automation systems
- Reading electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, schedules, and layout drawings
- Marking out for component fit, fitting of components to chassis plates
- Complete looming of wiring to a high standard
- In general to have a very good working knowledge of all aspects of Control Panel Wiring
A formal electrical or electronic qualification is required, such as City and Guilds, HNC or equivalent.
A proven record of control panel wiring using control/switch gear, PLCs (programmable logic controllers), servo and a.c. inverter drives is essential. The successful candidate will also have a good working knowledge of the relevant electrical and safety standards with the ability to read and understand electrical and schematic diagrams. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential to maintain the high level of service expected by LC Automation’s customers.
The following points detail the main tasks expected of this position but are not limited to the items listed. Other activities may be required dependant on customer and company requirements:
- Layout and wire control panels, looms or systems
- Test and document all relevant work
- Some installation and on-site work will be required
Normal hours Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.