Our client based in Crosshills is looking to recruit a CNC Machinist ( Precision Borer) on a full time, permanent basis.
General Description of the Role:
- Located in the Machine shop, the CNC machinist is responsible for producing parts to fulfil assembly, aftermarket, and spares requirements. Shift flexibility is required to fulfil business needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be highly involved in contributing to the entire manufacturing process, from completion through to delivery.
- Programming, setting and operating CNC machines, using Siemens 840D controls.
- Producing complex components according to specification,
- Cut-off on Kasto saw.
- File and Dress.
- Working and measuring to very tight tolerances.
- Parts inspection
- Working from and understanding engineering drawings and computer-generated models.
- Ability to apply knowledge of materials and machining methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and plan workload effectively to achieve targets and KPIs.
- Prove out and editing of CNC Programmes.
- Follow all Health and Safety Rules and Guidelines.
- Understands and works I line with the Fives Values and Directives, at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Key Skills Requirements:
- Apprenticeship trained engineer.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings and geometrical tolerances.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Salary is paid monthly in arrears on or about the 20th of each month directly into your bank or building society account.
- Perkpal Benefit Platform (with access to a wide range of discounts and vouchers,
- from supermarket shopping to high end gifts)
- HealthShield healthcare and wellbeing plan (covering confidential counselling and
- support with dental and eye care costs, physio and prescriptions)
- Life assurance cover (5x your annual salary)
- Enhanced paternity and maternity policies
- On-site subsidised canteen, with occasional company-funded meals eg. summer BBQ and Christmas lunch
- Up to eight hours of paid medical appointment leave per annum, in addition to holidays
- Free parking in a secure carpark
- Contributory Social Club
The Company's holiday year runs between January and December.
Holidays are booked in hours and as a full-time employee you are entitled to 266 hours 30 minutes of
annual leave (equivalent to 28 days paid holiday and 8 bank holidays). If your employment starts or
finishes part way through the holiday year, your holiday entitlement during that year shall be
calculated on a pro-rata basis rounded up to the nearest minute.
Holidays may be taken in full days, half days or hours; a minimum of 1 hour may be taken at any one