Our client based in Keighley is looking to recruit an Assembly Operative on a full time, temporary to permanent basis.
- Picking of stock to build orders
- Checking components for imperfections / surface finish issues
- Assembling of sight glass components
- Cleaning of parts to ensure hygienic integrity
- Pressure testing assembled units
- Collating documentation / filling out BOM’s for dispatch
- Set and operate hand-controlled or computer-controlled machines
- Make quality control checks on products
- Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer and internal standards and specifications
- Record how much raw material has been used during production and the number of items produced
- Pack goods, with protective materials ready for shipment in crates, boxes or other containers
- Seal containers using appropriate materials.
- Weigh and label packaged goods ready for dispatch
- Stack goods appropriately
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Work in a safe manner always, complying with Health, Safety and Environmental standards
- Achievement Focused
- Makes productive contributions
- Team player with a positive effect on the mood
- Consistently manages the task
- Is self-aware, balanced, and confident
- Is resilient, optimistic, and open to change
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty and has a collaborative approach when dealing with others
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Adaptable and flexible with a positive professional attitude.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work across multiple areas of the assembly process
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative when necessary
- Able to work in a safe manner
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions and work to standards
- Applies experience and logic
- An eye for detail
- Able to work to within tight cycles/deadlines and with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good Manual dexterity
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Practical hands-on approach to problem solving
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Experience of working with assemblies
- Experience of working to production targets.
37.5 hrs per week £ 9.92 / hr