Rotherwood Recruitment are working in partnership with an exciting and innovative client based in Burnley. Due to continued growth, our client is looking for an experienced customer account manager to join their rapidly growing team.
Do you have the skills and experience they need?
As the Customer Account Manager, your role will be to drive the business to deliver its contractual obligations to clients and position the company by business review for successful growth targets feeding in to sales. The role requires someone who can think and work on their own initiative in a fast-paced environment, coupled with this the CAM will also have to influence the business to meet client expectations, and highlight any risks commercially and contractually that could impact the client.
• Provide both a reactive and proactive service to our customer base.
• Lead, plan and execute all account management and development activities in respect of nominated customer relationships
• Always align with team and organisational goals
• Navigate complex organisations (global where necessary), building and nurturing relationships at all levels.
• Ability to lead, manage and resolve commercial and supply disputes and delivery of mutually beneficial resolution solutions with all customers
• Generating accurate sales pipeline forecasting
• Expanding accounts by moving to new departments and business areas
• Work with the engineering and NPI tams to identify, plan and communicate all customer activities
• Negotiate terms of business with the customers
• Ensure effective communication levels are implemented and maintained
• Ensure two-way contract adherence between the company and the customer base
• Strategically position the company as a world leading best in class sustainable supplier
Work with the Head of Sales / Commercial Director to:
• Identify potential new growth and customer opportunities.
• Generate new accounts.
Set up meetings between new company's practice leaders/Principals.
Review potential trade shows, exhibitions for which to visit and potentially exhibit at.
Manage existing business and relationships.
Sales & Cost Analysis.
Track key account metrics.
Forecasting sales and target analysis.
Support to drive a 15% yr. on yr. growth plan with current/new clients
• Ability to communicate and influence at the highest level within customer organisations
• Has demonstrated clear capability in managing complex issues and delivered sustainable and commercially acceptable results
• Knowledge of sales, pricing, and business models.
• RFQ management.
• Demonstrate success in performing against revenue targets
• Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• A strong ability to build relationships
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Full understanding of the company’s terms and conditions of sale and being solely responsible for the management and implementation of all resolution activities
Skills & Experience
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority.
Effective people management and key stakeholder relationships
Ability to work within set budgets, expectations and deliver results
Comprehensive understanding and experience of all pricing metrics
Experience of working in a commercial management role within a business focused environment which incorporated:
• Account management or other relevant experience.
• Delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
• All aspects of perusing and obtaining new contracts
• Understanding the needs and challenges of new and current customers to retain contracts
Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
Proven understanding of working within Lean/Six Sigma principles or experience.
Working hours are Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-1:30pm.
Excellent employment package further details available upon request.