Our client based in Colne is looking to recruit a Workshop Valeter: Progressing to Workshop Co-Ordinator.
Duties will include:
- Valeting Vehicles: new & used minibuses & van’s
- Minor Vehicle Restoration: interior repairs, painting wheels, undersealing, basic mechanical repairs (replacing bulbs, wipers. etc)
- Maintaining Working Environment – responsible for keeping workshop & pitch clean, tidy and within health & safety regulations
Developmental Role: The view is for the candidate to take on certain management responsibilities in the longer term, overseeing the operation of the workshop and addressing issues as they arise in an largely autonomous manner – in particular:
- Assessing Vehicles & Drawing Up Plans of Work
- Managing Daily Workshop Schedules & Reporting
- Co-Ordinating with Suppliers & Ordering Parts
- Responsibility for Final Quality Control Checks.
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team & work with senior management to ensure work is performed efficiently & to standards.
- Self-starter who leads by example – willing to get stuck in and pull colleagues along – able to adapt to and influence existing culture.
- Clean, tidy, and well organised with an eye for detail.
- Confident driver with prior experience within the motor trade
- D / D1 Driving License
- First Aid at Work Certificate
This is a full time, permanent role.
Hours of work – 9am till 6pm Monday to Friday
Salary - Depending on experience.