Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting an experienced Teaching Assistant-Maths to join a dynamic Mathematics department within a well-established, forward thinking high school in Accrington.
The role will include working alongside the Assistant Head Teacher and Curriculum Leaders to ensure students achieve the best possible outcomes at Key stage 3 and 4, with a particular focus around Maths. The role is a full-time Maternity Cover starting in January 2020.
The school has extremely strong, traditional values and are looking for a Teaching Assistant that has ambition to achieve the best outcomes for all students in Mathematics. The staff at the school strive to provide the best care and education for each pupil as well as preparing them with the skills and knowledge to navigate through their lives with confidence.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Organising and leading lesson interventions to enhance both KS3 and KS4 student performance
- Working with groups of students and differentiating lessons plan to boost individual learning and performance in Maths
- Working alongside external agencies to design projects based around student attainment
- Researching and creating learning resources in accordance to the Mathematics Teachers to enhance student learning
- Working with colleagues to deliver on other areas of the College development plan, for example, literacy, numeracy, EAL, GAT
- Following College policies and procedures especially those relating to Child Protection and Health and Safety
- Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/College work and to keep confidences as appropriate
The successful Teaching Assistant- Maths will:
- Holding a valid teaching qualification such as PGCE, QTS or QTLS or Teaching Assistant Qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3.
- Be educated to A-Level in Maths
- Have experience in a similar teaching position within a Maths department
- Be an excellent, inspirational Teaching Assistant with strong classroom management
- Possess a passion for the subject, teaching and pupil development
- Provide details of last 2 latest references, covering the last 5 years’ work history
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If this position if of interest or would like to know more, please apply or contact Megan Coop and Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood Teachers who is acting as an employment agency.