Rotherwood Teachers are currently looking to recruit a History teacher
Teach consistently high quality lessons
• Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements of the KS3, 4 and 5
• Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in History
• To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up to date information for SIMs,
• To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
• Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning &
• Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role
• To follow the school policies and procedures
• To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with
regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
• Follow schemes of work for History at all Key stages
• Promote aspects of Personal Development related to History
• Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in
teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of History
• Promote History learning through out of hours activities.
• Ensuring a high quality learning environment within the History area
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work within a friendly, dedicated and motivated team
• Proactive support for your career development – including the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree in Education
• An approachable and supportive Leadership team and Governing body
The role and responsibilities include:
• Providing high quality teaching of Science
• Raising student attainment
• Assessing, recording and reporting on students’ progress
• Supporting the vision and values of the school.
To be successful in this post you will:
• Have knowledge/experience of teaching Science across all key stages.
• Be ambitious for your students and your own professional development
• Have up to date teaching methodology and a commitment to reflective practice
• Be able to work confidently within a team and communicate effectively
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection
Hold a valid teaching qualification such as a PGCE, QTS or QTLS
Provide details of at least two referees covering the last 5 years' work history
Possess a current criminal record check (Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the online update service) or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail or would be a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Please contact Rotherwood Teachers NOW!