Our client based in Skipton is looking to recruit a Sales Ledger Clerk to join their growing business.
This post is ideal for someone who thrives in a busy environment and is looking to bring their skills to a friendly, hardworking team and has a keen interest in working in a company passionate about its industry and training.
The role is customer focused and involves dealing directly with clients; face to face and over the phone, so we are looking for someone who is confident in dealing with people and has skills covering all aspects of sales ledger and credit control. Speed, accuracy and efficiency are essential qualities that you will need to demonstrate.
Duties will include:
• Managing and maintaining all aspects of the sales ledger system
• Raising invoices and credit notes for products and services
• Releasing orders in agreement with credit terms
• Match all receipts to accounts receivable
• Dealing with payment and account queries
• Performing credit control duties
• Prepare aged debtors and sales reports for internal review
• Balancing Sales Ledger each week and month
• Month end activities, statements run, recurring invoices, reports
• Stock control, including stock take and stock management
• General administration
Key skills and knowledge
• Experience in a similar role essential
• Knowledge of Sage Accounts Software essential
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly Excel, & Word)
• Good team work and interpersonal awareness
• Effective planning and time management
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to hold a temporary to permanent position in a growing family business, company pension, training and development opportunities and a discretionary profit related bonus.