Rotherwood Recruitment are looking to expand their Industrial and Engineering team due to growth. We are looking for an experienced individual who can hit the ground running working with an established team who have been working together for 5 years.
Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. You'll build positive relationships in order to gain a better understanding of your clients' recruitment needs and requirements.
Working as a recruitment consultant, you'll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. You'll screen candidates, interview them, run background checks and finally match them to their clients.
You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
As a recruitment consultant, you're the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
- developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as newspapers, websites and magazines
- using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
- Other benefits include training, free town centre parking, mobile phones, laptops, pension schemes, team drinks, social functions and being part of the group bonus scheme.
What to expect
- The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
- Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
- The role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
- Travel within the working day may be required to meet with clients.
Contact Chloe at Rotherwood Recruitment for further details.