Our client based in Crosshills is looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant on a full time, temporary basis, with the possibility to go permanent for the right candidate.
Duties will include:
- Create purchase orders from requisitions to suppliers and confirm delivery date, quantity ordered and ensure prices are correct, making sure all relevant internal paperwork is in place and approved.
- Resolving Departmental invoice and booking in queries
- Assisting department in tendering indirect / non-inventory suppliers when due, including uniforms, stationary, waste disposal, cleaning contracts and more.
- Monitoring and maintaining Kanban agreements
- Supplier communications, sourcing and chasing via telephone and email.
- Supplier returns process
- Stock adjustments and assisting stocktakes
- Supplier management of company fleet policy.
Experience, Knowledge, Personal Specification and Qualifications:
- CIPS Qualification or working towards – Desirable
- Knowledge of Netsuite or other Oracle based system – Desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Essential
- Excellent understanding of material, equipment, and services in a manufacturing environment – Essential
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and get the best value – Essential
- Excellent understanding of a structured procurement process and systems – Essential
- Can communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing – Essential
- Excellent organisational, analytical and planning skills. - Essential
- Proficiency in MS Office (in particular, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) – Essential
- Task focused, diligent and organised ability to work independently and priorities workload – Essential.
Salary - £22-£25K depending on experience.