General Description of the position:
Pipe fitting experience preferably within a heavy industry environment whilst maintaining a safe environment and focussed on the efficient build of our products. Emphasising on continual improvements within our process.
Key duties include:
• Bend and assemble pipework to a high standard (Chrome free/Stainless steel tube)
• Ability to produce and assemble flexible crimped hoses
• Liaise with other departments
• Produce pipework on time at the right quality and on budget
• Ensure that employee Health and Safety is maintained
• Any other reasonable request made by line manager
• Ability to read and understand pipe assembly/Hyd and Pneumatic Engineering drawings and specifications.
• Understanding of working with Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
• Understanding of 5s, 6 sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques (Advantageous)
• Understanding of pipe bending and hose creation techniques (Advantageous)
• Experience with SAP (Advantageous)
• Keen to develop in role
• Ability to take instruction and work independently to produce a result
• Ability to listen and ask questions when unsure
• Pays attention to detail
• Good communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Able to work to deadlines whilst working under pressure.
• Be driven through quality, efficiency and cost
• Flexible and adaptable
• Interested in learning and quick to learn