Our client based in Keighley is looking to recruit a Machine Setter on a temporary to permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working in accordance with the company’s BRC Certification, Health & Safety policy and good manufacturing practice.
• Performing product changeovers, setups and run established tooling to the manufacturing specification, particularly within the production time targets.
• Diagnose and correct running faults in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicate progress and any issues that arise with the Shift Manager.
• Remove skeletal waste from the back end of the machine, following the SOP.
• Complete the required information on the job pack sheet, fully and accurately, especially the recording of downtime and the reasons.
• Maintain and improve machine efficiencies (ensuring index size is run on its minimum and machine runs maximum cycle time for product). As well as constantly improving toll change times.
• Identify tool prep requirements and communicate these and any defects to tooling technicians via the tolling check sheet.
• Ensure machines are maintained at the highest hygiene level possible.
• Control the process to maximise output but minimise scrap (use set up rolls wherever possible)
• Provide cover for production team, covering breaks and when not setting machines.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Take an active part in any training and development programmes.
• To be responsible for working to the requirements of the company’s Quality Policy and procedure.
• To make suggestions as to how the Quality systems can be improved.
Health & Safety (Personal)
• To comply with all responsibilities under the company’s Health & Safety at Work Policy.
• To ensure all equipment used in production is correctly used and properly maintained.
• Report any safety infringement.
• To know the locations of and practice correct handling procedures for potentially hazardous products.
• To comply with all aspects of company Hygiene standards.
• To ensure all procedures concerning work station and company housekeeping standards are followed.
• To make every effort to conserve power and minimize waste.
• To wear the uniform and safety wear provided, keeping it clean and tidy at all times.
• To communicate accurately and effectively with all members of staff.
• To report appropriate information to colleagues and Manager.
• To ensure understanding and compliance with the Company’s security procedures including those for IT.
• To report any unauthorised personnel seen on the premises, and any incident of damage or theft.
Rate of Pay - £9.10 per hour rising to £10.90 per hour
Contract – Temporary to Permanent position
Hours of work - 12 hour shifts, starting on days 4 on 4 off whilst training 7am-7pm & then moving to days and nights 4 on 4 off when permanent.