Our client based in Crosshills is looking to recruit a Logistics Administrator on a permanent basis.
• Manage and dispatch the daily runs for up to 10 vehicles and drivers
• Re-hiring of vehicles and temp staff as required
• Liaising with sales team and customers on delivery times and requirements
• Organising the servicing, maintenance and ordering of parts for vehicles and equipment
• Preparing staff rotas and staff time sheets for wages
• Assist and co-ordinate stock management in the warehouse
• Maintaining H&S records and filing
• Making sure all staff and vehicles comply with VOSA regulations
• Produce cost analysis and forecast reports for senior management
• Answering phones
This list of duties is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required for the better fulfilment of the role and the needs of the business.
• To complete all Health & Safety and Job Skills training as required.
• To work in accordance with company Health & Safety guidelines especially in relation to Hazards and Accidents
• To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
• To provide a healthy and comfortable working environment.
• To undertake any training/coaching required by the Company to enable you to perform your duties effectively.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
• A meticulous approach to collecting and disseminating information
• Strong attention to detail;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, communicating effectively across departments
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Possess excellent analytical and communication skills
• Competent in Microsoft office
• You will ideally have experience of and a good understanding of logistics and transport.
• You will ideally have experience in managing a team of 5 or more people.
Hours of work – 40 hours per week.
Salary – Negotiable.