Our client based in Bradford is looking to recruit a Library Assistant on a temporary on going basis.
Duties will include:
• Manage all aspects of day-to-day library operations ensuring effective contingency arrangements in case of absence.
• Manage manual and electronic records and information systems for students.
• Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
• Line manage Library staff ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the provision.
• Establish the philosophy, aims and objectives of the Library, ensuring the requirements of the Academy Improvement Plan.
• Develop and maintain an engaging and imaginative culture whereby the Library is perceived by all as a centre of learning.
• Generate, within the Library, a stimulating environment reflective of contemporary issues and containing resources which and inspire students to read.
• Work collaboratively with students and staff to convey a love of learning and an understanding of library expectations, embedding a learning ethos.
• Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skilful researchers and ethical users of information
• Represent the Library at briefings, Head of Department meetings, any specific learning groups and literacy action group.
• Engage proactively with departments on curriculum planning and resource needs.
• Work collaboratively with other leaders of information and learning services across Dixons Academies Trust.
• Actively encourage staff and student involvement in the day to day running and strategic direction of the library.
• Proactively promote and organise events to motivate and encourage reading and independent learning.
• Assist with the planning and delivery of appropriate staff INSET including induction of new staff on Library systems.
• Support students throughout the day by fulfilling pastoral responsibilities.
• Participate in the academy coaching process.
• Engage fully in the academy appraisal process to fulfil personal potential and be able to participate effectively in the implementation of the academy’s goals and improvement plan.
• Attend meetings / training, carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified on the academy calendar.
• Consistently implement all academy policies.
• Contribute to decision-making and consultation procedures.
• Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a named person.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
For this position you will need to have a DBS disclosure done.