Rotherwood Recruitment are working in partnership with a reputable, long standing manufacturing business based in Blackburn.
Our client is looking for an experienced Injection Moulding Setter to join their 2-10 Shift team running one of their Cells of 12/15 injection moulding machines.
The machines range from 85 to 850 tons and with a combination Ferromatic BMB and Netstal machines.
The position is for a fixed 2-10 shift preceding with a minimum 10min shift change over.
There is a 30 minute paid lunch break within the shift. It is important that the 2-10 shift works for your needs as it is unlikely there would be opportunity’s to change.
- The Cell setter is responsible for the smooth operation of the machines including machine and tool cleaning, cycle time and size control, product quality, daily safety checks, control of downtime and scrap.
- Tool movements and Tool changing are part of the day to day work but we have a dedicated Tool Change Team who complete most of the changes.
- Our client operates in a food packaging manufacturing environment which means they have to work to food standards on organisation and hygiene.
- They use Lean manufacturing techniques to help them achieve this goal.
- They operate to scrap levels of less than 1.3% and downtime at less than 15% so they demand attention to detail and highly motivation levels from all our staff.
Training will be given for anyone joining the Team to ensure that they have the skills to contribute effectively.
The company offers 28 holidays per year rising to 33 days after 3 years. Work wear and tools are provided for this position.
- Previous experience of running injection moulding machines is essential for this position.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable in working in a high speed busy environment and be able to demonstrate the ability to solve process problems on moulding machines, while maintaining cycle control and size specification.
- Working well with others, a calm nature and approach when under pressure is essential to this position.