- This role will involve loading and unloading of vehicles using the relevant FLT's and other lifting equipment provided. The safe transportation and storage of raw moulding materials, and assembly child parts.
- The supply of raw materials to the manufacturing department, and the picking and distribution of parts to the assembly department in accordance with customer orders.
- All activities will be carried out in a safe working manner, in accordance with health and safety legislation.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Communicating with delivery drivers regarding paperwork and actual goods to be received. Checking condition of goods prior to acceptance and unloading of pallets/stillage's of raw materials from vehicles as required.
- The locating and safe storage of stock, from both internal and external supply into racking, using the relevant lifting apparatus, and the bar code scanner system.
- The correct supply of a raw materials to the manufacturing department and the picking and distribution of parts to the assembly department in accordance with company orders. As indicated on the manufacturing orders for the manufacturing department and the child components request list for the assembly department.
- Communicating with people at all levels, both within the company and other departments.
- Ensuring that working practices are carried out in a safe manner taking into account your own personal safety, the safety of your work colleagues and all visitors to the department.
- It is the responsibility of all staff members to engage in 5s activity within their own department. Also to ensure the highest standard of good housekeeping is met and maintained.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- A reasonable level of education is needed for this role, ideally GCSE Level 3 or equivalent.
- Fork lift truck experience in either or all of the following: Reach Truck, Narrow Aisle Truck and Counterbalance Truck.
- Understanding of basic health and safety in work regulations
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Must have a working reference in the last 3 years.
Working a three shift rotating system Warehouse 3 Shift System - 41 hrs per weekEarly Shift - 06.00 hrs - 14.20 hrs - Monday to Thursday
06.00 hrs - 13.40 hrs - Friday
Late Shift - 14.00 hrs – 22.20 hrs - Monday to Thursday
13.20 hrs – 21.00 hrs - Friday
Night Shift - 22.00 hrs – 06.12 hrs - Sunday to Thursday
This position will be permanent for the right candidate. Interviews will be commencing within the next couple of weeks.