COVER MANAGER: JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
The cover manager will be directly responsible to the Deputy Headteacher
The cover manager is responsible for:
• Managing and organising cover for absent staff both teaching and non-teaching.
• Ensuring that safeguarding requirements and other relevant regulations are in place
and adhered to including the completion and recording of necessary checks.
• The line management of all cover supervisors.
• Contributing to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
Duties and responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated below. Other duties of an appropriate level
and nature may also be required, as directed by the headteacher.
Conditions of employment
• The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities
contained in the written statement of conditions of employment (the contract of
• S/he is required to support and encourage the school’s ethos and its objectives,
policies and procedures as agreed by the governing body.
• S/he shall uphold the school's policy in respect of child protection and safeguarding
• S/he shall be subject to all relevant statutory and institutional requirements.
• S/he may be required to perform any other reasonable tasks after consultation.
• This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the
particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so
• This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be
reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after
consultation with the post holder.
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail or would like a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Please contact Rotherwood Teachers NOW!
At Rotherwood Teachers we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague – See terms of conditions
• Support throughout your placements by our dedicated office staff on your personal consultant
• Access to a dedicated Secondary Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you are a dedicated team memeber who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.