MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide electrical design input within the Engineering design team.
• Produce electrical schematics and panel layouts to meet system specifications.
• Produce and maintain BOM’s corresponding with the electrical design.
• Support the manufacturing team with BOM and Design related issues to meet the required build schedule across all projects.
• Provide feedback to fellow design engineers of any continuous improvements.
• Work to all health & safety, environmental, quality and company standards.
• Support / Instruct new or less experienced electrical operatives.
• Provide cover for electrical design engineers as required.
• Maintain a safe, clean and tidy working environment.
• Maintain a professional, well presented attitude and appearance at all times.
• Electrical design input of machine builds as required.
• Produce electrical schematic drawings within SolidWorks Electrical 2D
• Compile and structure BOM within the company ERP system.
• Ensure System design & drawings inspection prior to release.
• Provide feedback and rectify engineering drawings & bill of material errors.
• Adhere to customer URS (User Requirement Specifications).
• Attend production and design meetings as required.
• Any task that is within your skill set and capabilities throughout the Company.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience in using electrical design package preferably SolidWorks electrical 2D.
• Worked within a manufacturing environment having strong systems integration knowledge.
• Understanding of Siemens and Mitsubishi PLC control systems.
• Educated to degree level with electrical engineering qualification or able to demonstrate though previous positions the ability to meet the electrical design engineer’s requisite.
• Knowledgeable in electrical design within a machine build environment.
• Involvement in producing multilevel bill of materials (BOMS)
• Able to communicate clearly too all levels.
• Work to all health & Safety, environmental, quality and company standards.
This is a permanent position, subject to a 3 month trial period.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Approx £30-35,000.00 pa dependent on experience.