Our client based in Skipton is looking to recruit a Debt Recoveries Consultant on a full time permanent basis.
Duties will include:
• Pursuit of Recoveries accounts by telephone and letter
• Interpret customer information via Credit Bureau tools & other external data sources including Land registry reports in order to challenge information provided where necessary and identify the best solution for a customers individual circumstances
• Ensure arrangement plans remain the best solution for the customer in order to resolve their debt by ensuring contact with them where this is identified as necessary by way of either Credit Alerts or agreed regular assessments
• Liaise with Third Party Representatives as required
• Work with/refer cases to Forensic Colleagues where you identify customer circumstances which require their support
• Effectively handle cases by the timely identification of appropriate legal action
• Use questioning techniques to identify customer's ability to pay and to obtain customers current financial position, utilising the support tools available i.e. The Debt Solutions tool Kit/I&E
• Working as part of a team to support Recoveries Team Leader to deliver team targets.
• Identify process improvements and make recommendations to your Team Leader where identified
• Ensure all own work is carried out with all legal and regulatory requirements and codes of practice/conduct and in line with internal QA metrics
• Take responsibility for own development and document areas to develop and actions taken.
Skills/Experience & Competencies:
• Ability to take ownership and manage own work through to conclusion, escalating issues as appropriate.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Flexibility in approach to workloads; ability to identify priorities
• Ability to effectively communicate within own team and at Team Manager/Senior Levels
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications egg Word , Excel,
• Understanding of relevant MCOB/CONC/Statute Barred regulations
• An ability to understand own role within the end to end process chain and impact of isolated decision-making
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships in order to deliver departmental and Group goals
• Able to identify opportunities for process and performance improvement at a personal, team, department level
• Relevant Debt Recovery experience
• Ability to interpret credit bureau data and match this to bank statements and other customer evidence supplied
• Receptive to change.
Hour of work : 35 hours per week between the hours of 8.00am-8.00pm, including Saturday
Rate of Pay: Paying up to £19,000.